Monday, March 20, 2017

Um, I've been turned into a cow, can I go home?

(Emperors New Groove) I decided to use this quote because I am gaining so much weight that I basically look like a cow ;)
My highlight for this week would have to be when we tracted a high rise Flat. So, we were calling by some less actives, and on our way to one of them, Sister Clawson noticed a high rise Flat and said, "I think we should tract that building". I thought she was kidding at first, but she insisted on tracting it. I have a really hard time tracting flats for some reason. It's easier for me to talk when I can see their face, and I also feel like it's easier to hang up on someone than it is to slam a door. So, because I really struggled with this, and because it wasn't a part of our original plans, I was very resistant. But I knew that if Sister Clawson felt so strongly about it, that I would try my best to forget my selfish desires, and submit to the will of the Lord. The security was somewhat hard, so it would have been easy to give up, but I endured until finally someone let us in. Once we were in the building, we started on the top floor (14th floor) and knocked on every single door working our way back down to the 1st floor. It was actually pretty fun, and I felt accomplished afterwards. We didn't find much success at first, but once we got to the lower floors (after the trial of our faith), we saw a miracle happen. I felt like the "Fourth floor, last door" talk was literally coming into play for us. A man opened his door and the first words he said to us were, "You found me". Apparently, we had stopped him on a bridge and gave him a Mormon.org card and invited him to church, then we saw him again on the train, and I talked to him a bit then and he said he wanted to come to church, and then we tracted into him. So, we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to read the introduction page and we are seeing him again this coming week. This just shows me that the Lord really does put prepared people in your path (sometimes 3 times). I know that Sister Clawson was inspired to tract that Flat, and it helped me work on my patience and to take a step out of my comfort zone. So that was a major miracle that we saw this week.
mormon.org
Learn about the Mormon religion and meet members of the Mormon Church. Modern Mormons talk about their faith and answer common questions.

 
We also had an adventure in Formby this week... 😂😂😂 Something strange always happens in Formby. Last time, a bird pooped on me, and I had to try to wash it out with napkins from a Carvery (like an all you can eat buffet). Anyways, I won't go into the details of everything that happened there because it was a lot... and also embarrassing 😂 but we laughed a lot, and it was great.
Also, our companionship is wonderful. Sister Clawson and I get along so well, and our unity is great. Sometimes we catch each other saying the same thing at the same time, or finishing each other's thoughts. It's actually really funny. I absolutely love serving with her though. She is always determined to be the best she can be, and talks to everyone she meets. She is so good at showing her love towards others and showing that she truly cares for them. She has shown me such good ways to approach people, and has helped to stretch my abilities. Every day is a new challenge, and I've grown so much because of it. I love being with her and I am grateful she is my companion.
We have been focusing on consecration a bit, and that has helped us as well. Because we are both from Utah, and live only an Hour away, it is easy to talk about home and compare stories, and talk about all the different places that both of us know so well. But because of that, it becomes a bit of a struggle to be fully consecrated. So this has been our main goal for this transfer. We have also set a goal to lose some weight... because we are cows ;)
This has been a great week full of laughs and amazing experiences. I'm grateful for everything that happened this week.

Sister Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment