Saturday, April 15, 2017

Oh, and one last thing, Andy's birthday party has been moved.... to... today...

(Toy Story)
Um, yeah.... so... today is the mission tour which is exciting!! But, we just found out that we are going to exchange today instead of tomorrow, which is a surprise. Also we found out while on the bus, so we aren't prepared, and our Pday is also today.... so I'm not sure how we will get groceries or clean the flat today.... so that's a bit stressing, but other than that, this week has been great. 
The sun has been out all week ☀️ and it's been SOOOO nice!!! I've missed the sun! I mean, it was still windy, and I had to wear my coat still, but it was nice :)
Yesterday, the Zone leaders came to our area and did a Street display with us, and I learned so much. Elder Watterson is such a diligent missionary, and he was a great example. He talked to everyone he met, and he tried so many different approaches. He made a lot of people smile, and he was very good at having gospel discussions. At one point, a large group of people passed, and he held out his Book of Mormon and said, "Have any of you heard of this book before?" He was just so bold, and such a good zone leader. Elder Simtim is so charitable. He speaks and teaches from the heart. He reached out to everyone with love and thought them principles of the gospel easily and honestly. I looked over at one point, and he was showing a framed picture of his family in front of the temple and said, "I have been sealed to my family for all eternity. You can have this for your family as well." I loved to hear how sincere his testimony is, and how he shared it with others.
I learned a lot from their examples, and because of their help, we found eight new investigators yesterday alone, when last week we only had one for our key indicators. I know now that when we talk to everyone about the gospel - no matter if they accept it or not - we will find people to teach.
I also gave away a Book of Mormon yesterday. It's a bit sad to say that it was the first one I've personally gave away since the start of my mission. I've given many out as a companionship, but not by myself. So, I felt pretty proud that I was able to share the gospel. It helped me build my confidence.
This week has really been great!! 
Sorry for the short email, we have a quick Pday today!
-Sister Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment