Monday, September 11, 2017

My Weekly Update :)

So... I want to start off with sharing my experience on one of the days this week.
Many of you were enjoying your weekend, but this is how my Saturday went: (hour by hour)
6am - I got out of bed and said a prayer, read some scriptures, and then I did some exercise for half an hour
7am - I got ready for the day and ate breakfast
8am - I planned for the day with my companion 
9am - I was doing personal Study. I read about the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation in Preach My Gospel and read a bit from the beginning of Alma
10am - We were out the door and on our way to Ewloe to do some finding. We stopped and talked to EVERYONE on our way there.
11am -  We tracted a whole street. Knocked on many doors.
12am - We went to 6 different people's homes that were listed as potential investegators, and updated the information in our area book. We also did a bit of online proselytising
1pm - Lunch and companion Study. We read some of the new information that we have been given in relation to our technology
2pm - We made our way to Drury and again, spoke to everyone on our way there.
3pm - We called by 5 different people in that area and updated area book
4pm - We tracted another street. This one was longer than the first
5pm - We travelled home for tea (dinner) and had some food to eat 
6pm - We Travelled to Penyfordd (pronounced Penny-forth - yeah... it's a Welsh name). Once again, talked to everyone.
7pm - We called by 5 more people in that area to update things in our area Book.
8pm - We ended up missing our bus home.... so... we got a bit stuck, but we talked to people on the street, and tracted a few doors. We met a woman who was walking a husky. We stopped to pet her dog, and we gave her a card. She started to listen and so we gave her more information, and told her a bit about her church. She told us to come see her next week. So that was great to meet her!
9pm - We travelled home and made it back after about 45 minutes.

We were SO DILIGENT that day! We spoke to literally everyone in our path all day long, and we talked to many people at the door and where were the "fruits of our labours"? Well, besides that woman that we found, we also got literal fruit. While we were away, one of the members stopped by our flat and left us a bag filled with fresh apples from their tree. So, I think that will count as the fruit of our labour ;) I thought it was pretty funny.

But yeah, that day was really exhausting for me. Especially because finding is not my big strength since I have been on my mission, but it was all made up for the next day with church, and going to two members home and feeling welcomed and we were also able to help uplift all of them. So it was very nice. Also, this week, there was a Multi-zone conference where we learned all about our technology. Some missionaries are taking it a bit too far, but I'm sure after time, all will be well.

It was an incredible meeting though, and I really enjoyed the things that were taught. An insight that I had after the meeting was that I was reading in my Book of Mormon, and there was a sentence that stood out to me. It said, "Let your hearts rejoice." I came to the realisation that joy is a choice. We have the ability to LET ourselves be happy and remain joyful. "Men are that they might have joy" - this is God's plan for us. So, in turn, we can let ourselves be happy and rejoice in all of the things we do have. We can be filled with so much gratitude if we let it into our lives. 

"Occasionally discouragement may darken our pathway; frustration may be a constant companion. In our ears there may sound the sophistry of Satan as he whispers, “You cannot save the world; your small efforts are meaningless. You haven’t time to be concerned for others.” Trusting in the Lord, let us turn our heads from such falsehoods and make certain our feet are firmly planted in the path of service and our hearts and souls dedicated to follow the example of the Lord. In moments when the light of resolution dims and when the heart grows faint, we can take comfort from His promise: “Be not weary in well-doing. … Out of small things proceedeth that which is great. "Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind.” ("The Path to Peace" - Thomas S. Monson - April 1994)"

The Lord does require our heart, and when we open it to him, we receive so much strength. Lately, I have been writing 10 things I am grateful for in a journal every single day. I have also written 3 funny stories, and 3 things I feel I did well each day. This has helped me stay grateful, happy, and has increased my self confidence. I encourage all of you to do the same. If you ever feel down, pray to the Lord for strength, and lift up your hearts in gratitude to Him.

"Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto Him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice." - 2 Nephi 9:52

The Lord can give us so much strength as long as we allow it. We can be grateful for the every day things that we have been blessed with.

"Think of all that you have that is good--life itself, health, strength, food to eat and clothing to wear, parents, brothers and sisters, and friends. All are gifts from the Lord." - President Hinckley

Always remember the gifts you have been given by the Lord and thank him continually for them. I leave you with these things in the name of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all and hope you have a great day!
Sister Wilkinson

us at McDonalds while waiting for a bus at like 7am

us in front of the chapel

This is us in front of the Chester horse race course :) its HUGE

This was when we were stuck in Penyffordd in the dark (when we missed the bus on Saturday)

hiking Mael Famau (Pronounced Mole-Fam-I)

 We can see the castle at the top! Our goal is in our sight! Also, it's SO windy!



this is a photo of me at the castle, you can tell I was REALLY cold :P it was like standing in a wind tunnel!



The view of the Welsh Hills from Moel Fameu





Me in front of a beautiful view while hiking Moel Fameu

No comments:

Post a Comment