Monday, September 4, 2017

Nostalgia...

Hello my wonderful family and friends!
So... biggest update is that I got Facebook! So so so strange to look back through all my old things. I'll will get updates later in the week about what to do with the app. This will be an exciting adventure!
Nothing huge happened besides that. We've spent many hours watching some Safeguard videos, and deleting old posts etc. throughout the whole week, so that was fun. We also went gardening this week, and that was lots of fun. Their boy, Elliot turned 6 this week, and he was showing us all the gifts he got.
This ward is really wonderful, and very welcoming. I really enjoy being with them!
My companion is great as well! And Wales is still BEAUTIFUL!
Sorry, it's kinda been a boring week, so... not too much to report. I want to leave you all with this thought that I came across while reading the Book of Mormon. Okay, first off: background info - I've been reading the Book of Mormon very thoroughly and I have been wanted to read all of it in one to two transfers. I've already finished 1 Nephi. This has helped me SO MUCH and it's helped me stay focused on my purpose as a missionary. I have began each time I read with a prayer and I always feel the spirit so strongly. I just wanted to invite all of you to also read the Book of Mormon (maybe not as in depth as I am currently reading), but just because I know how much strength it gives us. In the last verses of 1 Nephi chapter 19, Nephi explains perfectly why the scriptures mean so much to us, and how they can help us in our lives.

22 Now it came to pass that I, Nephi, did teach my brethren these things; and it came to pass that I did read many things to them, which were engraven upon the plates of brass, that they might know concerning the doings of the Lord in other lands, among people of old.
23 And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.
24 Wherefore I spake unto them, saying: Hear ye the words of the prophet, ye who are a remnant of the house of Israel, a branch who have been broken off; hear ye the words of the prophet, which were written unto all the house of Israel, and liken them unto yourselves, that ye may have hope as well as your brethren from whom ye have been broken off; for after this manner has the prophet written.

These scriptures were written for our benefit. I want to let all of you know that I love the Book of Mormon and I have such a strong testimony of it. Even if you read only one verse each day, it gives you so much power. I know this to be true, and I testify of it in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all! Hope you are having a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment