Monday, December 19, 2016

A whole new world

Hello family and friends! This week has been long... and exhausting... but also good. I've been learning different approaches and I have been able to be more outgoing. I know that a mission is very demanding, but I think I have been handling pretty well. I've successfully made it through this week, so I've been able to endure to the end so far! I have been able to keep my focus on the Lord, and that has helped me overcome any struggles.
I love my companion, Sister Bundy! And she has been so nice and kind to me. She has helped me so much already, and she is a great example to me. I know that we will make a good team and that we can gain a close friendship.
Through my various gospel studies this week, I was able to learn a bit more about Jesus Christ and who He is. I know that He loves us more than we can even comprehend. And that He is continually watching over us. My testimony has grown throughout this week as well - I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father really do provide me with so much strength. I would not be able to do any of this missionary work without their help and guidance. Missionary work is definitely hard, but I know it can bring so much joy.
We weren't able to teach too many people this week, but the people we did get to see helped me see my purpose as being a missionary. I also know that the Lord is preparing a way for people. We found one new investigator - she found out about us online and decided to come to church. Which was incredible! We also were able to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators.
The Crosby are is beautiful and the members are very nice. One day while tracking, we were right next to the ocean. It was sooo pretty and I wish I could have taken a picture! Also, sorry there are no pics, but I can now only take them on P-day and the computer I am using doesn't have an SD slot. But this week has been really wonderful.
I love you all!
 - Sister Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment