Saturday, December 24, 2016

"Happy Holidays Everyone!" (Jack Skellington - Haunted Mansion Holiday)

Christmas is tomorrow - 1 more sleep! That's pretty exciting! I would like to invite all of you to read 3 Nephi chapter 1 and chapter 11. They talk of Christ and his coming and they have really helped me appreciate this Christmas season.
This week was probably the best 1st week I could have had! Starting off in the field with a Christmas party was wonderful! Even though we got a bit lost through our travels on the way home. That was an adventure, but at least we were lost together! ;) Our district stayed together until we went to our separate areas. Our Christmas party was at the Preston Temple and the chapel across the street, and we were back in Crosby at 10:30pm. It was a long day, but also a fun one. We went to the temple, and performed skits, and had a feast. It was tons of fun. The Spirit was so strong, and I know that the temple is a house where the Lord resides. I love this gospel and I'm so grateful I have been able to go on a mission. Month one of 18 is complete. It has honestly felt like the longest month of my life! But I know these next few will zoom by.
This week we just did a lot of tracting. We weren't able to find any new investigators, but some people were willing to listen to our message. Most of the people here have been nice about their rejections, which is good. Some say that it is just because it is Christmas time. But so far, my experience has been wonderful. My companion and my district have helped me with everything, and I'm still learning how to feel more comfortable talking to strangers. But I do enjoy that constant spirit that is with me while I am serving :) My Spirit has grown so much this month than it ever has in my whole life. I love this gospel and I know it is true.
I love you all and I'll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment