Monday, February 6, 2017

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

(Walt Disney)

We need to have SO MUCH courage to be missionaries!


Also, this week has been so good! I love my follow up trainer and we have been getting along so well. I think this transfer will be wonderful. We are already seeing success, and I have the faith that we will be able to have at least one baptism this transfer. She uses so many different approaches and techniques, and it has really stretched my abilities and helped me to make those steps out of my comfort zone. It's so nice to look at all the ways that the missionaries do their work here. I am constantly learning new things and I'm so grateful for all the examples I have been given. 

Although it was hard to see my trainer (and my mother) leave, I know that the Lord will protect her and constantly bless her because she has served so faithfully. She was a very obedient and diligent missionary and I've learned how important those qualities are while serving. I am so blessed to have been able to know her. She also gave me an amazing example of who I want to become while on my mission. Just in these first two months, I'm already becoming a different person than I was before I left. I'm gaining many skills already that will help me in my future life. I still feel that I need to be constantly changing my nature, and becoming a bold, confident, and dignified missionary. She always showed me my strengths and helped me to become that missionary I desired to be. At times, I wished I could trade her places, and go home while she stayed here. But I started to pray specifically to find the joy in serving, and as I have done this, I have a stronger desire to stay here. The best advice that my trainer gave me was to not wish the time away, and to enjoy every moment because it passes a lot sooner than you think. She also told me that the joy comes once you have charity towards the people and the area.

For a long time, I didn't enjoy this area very much, and I've definitely had to learn to love it. One of the Elders served here for 14 months! I didn't think I would ever want to be in Crosby that long. But I'm now starting to find the joy in being here. I really do love all of the members in this ward.

I've also learned many things this week during my personal study time. Something that stood out to me most this week was in the end of Jacob. In chapter 6, verse 12, it says, "Oh be wise, what can I say more?". That is such a short scripture that summarizes and simplifies our whole purpose in life. This gospel has so many specific things that we should do that will help us live with Heavenly Father again, and they are all wise things. This scripture has really stuck out to me, and I've been focusing on it all week. It's simple and bold and it touches my heart.

Also, while we were doing companion study this week, we were talking about tithing and did a role play teaching the topic. It helped me see how much the Lord really has "opened the windows of heaven" and poured out his blessings to me and my family as we have paid our tithing. These are experiences I can always share to help show others the joy living this commandment has brought to my life. I know that the Lord really does give us so many blessings that we have no room to receive them. I have seen this countless times in my life.

I have an increased testimony, and I'm also excited for the rest of this transfer. I thought that this week would be one of the hardest, since I had to lead out the area, but it has honestly been so incredible. I know that all of the prayers and the fasting that has gone towards this transfer really is giving me so much strength. I've felt an increase of the spirit in my life this week. I am so blessed to be serving with my new trainer. She is from Utah as well, and we have already become good friends. I feel that we can be very powerful, unified missionaries as we constantly help each other become better. She is a wonderful follow-up trainer, and I'm learning so much from her. I'm excited to see what this transfer brings!

Love you all!!! Xxx



-Sister Wilkinson



Ps... sorry I haven't been sending British words. I keep forgetting.

Here are 3 for this week:

1. Jumper - a pullover sweater

2. Lorry - a semi truck

3. Knackered - very tired


Sister Wilkinson and Sister Clawson in Liverpool

No comments:

Post a Comment