Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Quick Update

Sorry, I was in a hurry and wasn't creative with a title today. 
But... Transfers happened!!! I am still in Crosby serving with Sister Clawson
This has been a great transfer, and I will miss Sister Bundy so much. She has been such a blessing to me and has helped me so much. I have loved serving with her. I am excited to see what this next transfer has in store.
My testimony this week has been strengthened in the power of prayer and fasting. The week before this, I was struggling and just feeling stressed and overwhelmed about leading the area. But this week after we had fasted about the upcoming transfer, I felt a sense of peace and comfort. I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers and that I was able to feel calm because the Spirit was with me. I could feel the strength that came from those who were praying for me.
Also this week, we got to go to the temple with Sister Bundy's first Recent Convert. She got her Endowment and was Sealed to her husband. It was such a special day and I was so glad I could be a part of it. The spirit was so strong the whole time we were there and it was such a good feeling. I love the temple and I know the blessings that come from attending. I had the opportunity to serve in the temple prior to my mission, and it taught me so much. I have such a stronger testimony of the work that happens in the temples.
I also had a wonderful experience at First 5 weeks, a meeting that we had and also where we received our iPads. The spirit that was there touched my heart so deeply. Especially when we talked about the Restoration and Joseph Smith. I know from the bottom of my heart that he was a prophet of God, and that he had a great work to do. Without him, our church would be nothing. He brought forth the keystone of our religion and without it, we would tumble. He has done so much for this church and I am so grateful for this Restoration. 
I also got to have exchange in Chorley while Sister Bundy was in the temple. It was good to see a different perspective, and a different area. I want to serve in Chorley, it's so beautiful. I hope one day I will have the privilege of serving there.
I am so excited for this transfer and what it will bring. I have faith that it will be successful. At the hard times, I will always look to the Lord. I love all of you and I hope you all have a good week!
-Sister Wilkinson

** Sister Wilkinson has requested snail mail if you so desire to send her some.  Her mailing address is:
(for letters only)

Sister Wilkinson
Flat 3, 13 Haigh Road
Waterloo
Liverpool
L22 3XN

I know that England post is different so if you would like to send her a letter I believe you need to go to the post office to get postage for it.  I know she would really LOVE any letters sent!

She also mentioned that her new companion Sister Clawson is from Wales, Utah (near Manti) and she is really excited to be serving with her.  She will be her follow-up trainer. 

She sent us some pictures with Sister Bundy before the transfer:


*This is me, Sister Bundy, and one of her companions, Sister Black. We went through the temple with someone who they baptized. She got her endowment and was sealed to her husband so we got to be with her :) 


*With the Chinese sisters serving in Liverpool :)



*My first real chippie!!!!  Also, we got a free Pepsi with the meal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment