Tuesday, August 22, 2017

CHESTER

Well, transfers have happened! Also, my 9 month mark happened - half way there!!! :) It's crazy how much I've learned already!
So, I'm now serving in Chester with Sister Turnbull. 
I'm so grateful for my time in Warrington with Sister Taumalolo. Warrington is a wonderful area, and I was able to find some of my eternal friends there. The members were also wonderful, and I didn't realize the effect that I had on some of them until I left. While I was there, I made an immediate connection with a less active sister named Sandra. She hadn't been to church in many years, and some missionaries would come see her, but she was known for cancelling appointments. But since we had made this connection, she started seeing us more often, and she then had us over for tea, and the past few weeks, she started to come to church again. I will always be grateful for the relationship I made with her. I also made good connections with a woman named Cara, who also came to church this Sunday, and our investigators, Lorna and Joe. I know that I was meant to meet these people and they all have a special place in my heart.
These past two transfers, I changed so much, and Sister Taumalolo helped me immensely. One of the Elders recent converts, Ben, was talking to me the other week and said that since I was with Sister Taumalolo, he noticed a big change in me. He said I was more of myself, and more confident. That really touched me because I had been trying so hard to feel comfortable in the work, and to feel more confident. I've noticed the change in me, and so have many others. 
Something that has also helped me this week is that I have been prayerfully reading the Book of Mormon whenever we would have a quiet moment. Doing this increased my spirit more than I could ever imagine! I'm definitely continuing this as I go into this transfer! There is a line in my patriarchal blessing that says that I will grow for my love of the Savior as I read the Book of Mormon. And that I would be blessed that as I read, there would be a sweet peace that settles in my heart that my Savior, Jesus Christ lives, and that he knows me personally. And this this love would be planted in the hearts of my future children. I'm seeing how that blessing is already being fulfilled. I have only read up to 1 Nephi 12, and already my entire view on the world, on my companion, on myself, on God has changed. Sister Taumalolo said that she noticed my entire countenance changed while I did this. I'm definitely more passionate about the Book of Mormon now and how much peace in can bring others. 
This upcoming transfer, I want it to be a really spiritual one. I'm going to focus on the Book of Mormon and Preach my gospel so much!
I am excited for this upcoming transfer! Love you all!
Sister Wilkinson

My cute little flat :)


  The Chester Chapel - I feel like I'm in a storybook!


 The most important part of serving in Chester - I knew this was a good area!


The flat in Warrington


the view from my flat 


 Me with the Welsh chapel sign

No comments:

Post a Comment