Tuesday, August 15, 2017

THE EMM EPISODE 37

Previously on the EMM.... Sister Wilkinson went to the Trafford Centre and had little time to email an update of the week. (SORRY)

This episode.... Stories from both last week and this week, including Elder Ballard speaking to the missionaries, and the musical production of the British Pageant. 

Next up... Transfers! A new possible change coming to the life of Sister Wilkinson with new people and places to see.

Alright, so... 
I actually don't have much time today either and the main thing on my mind is that my ipad is STILL not working and it's really frustrating me because I can't type fast and I also can't send any photos that I have on my ipad because I can't get them onto the computer... so I've been really annoyed with it, and its been this way for a month and a half now.... Anyway, I'll do my best to remember what happened these last few weeks.
Elder Ballard came to speak to us. It was really amazing and the main thing I got from it was that I am still needed in this mission and that Jesus Christ will lead my way. That as I rely on Him, He will direct my paths. I still have so much to change and to learn and I'm excited for all of it. He was also very funny and told us many jokes. I thought it was great! We also had the opportunity to shake his hand and say hello to him. When he walked in, he looked at us and said, "Alright, quickly, lets get this over with" and shook all our hands. He is so funny. I don't have my journal with me, or I could share more of his quotes, but it was great to hear from him!
Last week, we went to the Trafford centre with the elders recent convert, Ben. It was lots of fun! We went mini golfing, and ate at 5 guys, and it was just a crazy fun day! We also had to squish into his little car. After that day, we went with the elders to give a blessing to a less active member's wife. His name is Rodante. This was the first time we met him, but it was lots of fun. He gave us burgers, and pigs in a blanket, and even some Tang to drink. We had a full American day on Monday!
More highlights from the week... the British Pageant! So, we went to the pageant on Thursday night with the ward. We travelled there in a coach together. It was fun to have a coach ride with the members there and back! Then the actual pageant was INCREDIBLE!!!!! Like.... the best thing I've ever seen! The music is beautiful, the dancing was incredible, and the acting was great. They had a centre stage, and they had smoke going on, torches being lit, they went all out - I can't believe it was a free production. There were also really young children acting in it, and they had a full choir and I just cant even describe the greatness of it! I'll try to send a pic I have somehow. The music was beautiful and there was even a song sang in Welsh. I'm planning on coming back in 4 years to watch it once again! SOOOO GOOOD! :D
Well, that's about all that happened this week besides the fact that I can't eat gelatin for a while... it may take me a bit to eat Jell-O and fruit snacks and such... but yeah, probably a good idea not to ask why ;) also... don't ask what is in it.
Anyway, this week has been great!

Transfers is next week! We get our calls on Sunday! What are all your guesses? Am I staying? Leaving? What do you think?

Love you all! I'll try sending pics! :)

Sister Wilkinson

I was able to get photos (long process, but I've got them)! Hooray! Here are some pics :)

 Above the food court in the trafford centre

The theatre the pageant was in


The Pageant - a scene when the early saints were travelling on the ship to America


The temple all lit up that night


Trafford Centre

Mini golfing

In the car with Rodante

5 guys with Ben


Trafford Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment