Monday, October 23, 2017

Attitude of Gratitude

Alright well, I'll quickly share a list of the funny/good things that
happened this week:
1 - We played a game of Monopoly with the District last week. ..
Basically, I lost... and then we related the game completely to our lives and our roles in the District, and it made perfect sense 😂
2 - We all matched in colour for zone Conference and wore green and pink :)
3 - I picked up and got to pet a beautiful black cat 🐱
4 - We crashed a party held by the Zone Leaders and got to eat some of Elder Jensen's cake and Ice Cream (which was AMAZING by the way)
5 - I improved my basketball skills 🏀

So, now y'all ready for a spiritual message? :)
This week was full of ups, but it was also full of downs. Every week will not end up perfect, and that's okay. I have learned a very valuable lesson this week which is to find joy in the little things. President Hinckley has given us a perfect example of this.

As he has taught, "With gratitude in our hearts, let us not dwell upon the few problems we have. Let us rather count our blessings and in a great spirit of gratitude, motivated by a great faith, go forth to build the kingdom of God in the earth. Let a spirit of thanksgiving guide and bless your days and nights. Work at it. You will find it will yield wonderful results. The Lord said: “Wherefore, lift up thy heart and rejoice, and cleave unto the covenants which thou hast made” [D&C 25:13]. I believe he is saying to each of us, be happy. The gospel is a thing of joy. It provides us with a reason for gladness. Never forget who you are. … You are in very deed a child of God. … He is your Eternal Father. He loves you. … He wants His sons and daughters to be happy. Sin never was happiness. Transgression never was happiness. Disobedience never was happiness. The way of happiness is found in the plan of our Father in Heaven and in obedience to the commandments of His Beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Regardless of your way of doing things in the past, I offer you a challenge … to square your lives with the teachings of the gospel, to look upon this Church with love and respect and appreciation as the mother of your faith, to live your lives as an example of what the gospel of Jesus Christ will do in bringing happiness to an individual. ...“Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. “The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” (Deseret News, 12 June 1973.)
..."Let there be something of a light tone in your life. Let there be fun and happiness, a sense of humor, the capacity to laugh occasionally at things that are funny. In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."

Although this life may be an old-time rail journey, it really is all about enjoying the ride. Looking for those little rays of sunshine that come through the stormy clouds of life. So, although this week was a bit of a rollercoaster, it ended beautifully and we could clearly see that the Lord was in our lives.

So, we were on this street, and two men passed us. We stopped them and introduced ourselves and he showed us his interest in learning about the gospel. We gave him a Book of Mormon and a Mormon.org card, and then when we got home that night, we received this text:

'Hey there, it's Louis. Was lovely meeting you both. Do you live local or do you travel the UK teaching Christ ? I found the closest church to me, St Davids Park, is that right ? 'Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really intrigued on what your role is over here but I've done some research so I know a bit more about sister missionaries. You're both roughly over here for 18 months if I'm right... I hate making long distance friends, I'm an emotional person at hear and very chatty as you can see haha. I typed in Utah in google as well. It's a beautiful place, Salt Lake, etc. and the Mormon church there is just breath-taking. You're very lucky to have been brought up there, I've been to a few places in the States. Love the place, got a lot more places to tick off my list yet, also heading to Australia to see my sister soon. Tell me to shut up if you want. I'm just a chatter box and I've only known you 5 minutes haha !

He clearly looked up the website and was interested in what we are sharing! It was amazing to see (and also a bit funny!) and we were glad that the week ended so well for us. We also have a dated investigator and also have one other friend who called that night and wanted to come to church. We are having so much success in our area, and it's just incredible! Goes to show that when we pass through hard times, there is always something good on its way. Things will always work out, and our trials will always pass. As we press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, we all can gain so much strength and wisdom. I have learned so much about my Saviour, Jesus Christ, and my relationship with him grows stronger and stronger each and every day. I love the lessons that I have come to learn on my mission and the sweet peace that the gospel brings to us all.

I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!
Love from Wales (Cymru) ❤️
Sister Wilkinson :)










No comments:

Post a Comment