Monday, October 9, 2017

It was a blustery day in the Hundred Acre Woods...

Oh, how I love the smell of Wales in the Morning! ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ˜ณ
That's not very true... it's definitely farm land over here! And all you can smell in most parts of Wales is cows... also, there's lots of sheep here too :P
But, it's still a BEAUTIFUL countryside!! :)

Also, going along with my title, Blustery is right! It's been getting quite cold here! It's been nice to experience my few weeks of summer in England! Elder Quentin L. Cook said it correctly when he said that, "British summers are relatively short and unpredictable. As one author in a low-key way said, “I love the British summer, it’s my favourite day of the year.” A favourite British cartoon character of mine was pictured in her bed waking up late in the morning and declaring to her dogs, “Oh my goodness! I think we’ve overslept and missed summer.” There is an analogy in this humour to our life on this beautiful earth. The scriptures are clear that our precious mortal existence is a very short time. It could be said that from an eternal perspective, our time on earth is as fleeting as a British summer." Summer heredoes end quite quickly! It's just getting colder every minute! ... And I also really loved his inspired counsel to us all :)

Conference has been AMAZING! Now that the talks are on the LDS Gospel Library, I am able to quote a few of them for you all and share my insights :)
One of my favourite talks was actually the first one given in General Conference. It was President Uctdorfs talk in the Saturday Morning session. It goes along quite well with the one I quoted earlier, talking about our eternal destination of living with Heavenly Father. President Uctdorf says "The sublime message of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that God is our Father, that He cares about us, and that there is a way to return to Him. God calls to you. God knows your every thought, your sorrows, and your greatest hopes. God knows the many times you have sought Him. The many times you have felt limitless joy. The many times you have wept in loneliness. The many times you have felt helpless, confused, or angry. Yet, no matter your history--if you have faltered, failed, feel broken, bitter, betrayed, or beaten--know that you are not alone. God still calls to you." He reminds us that we are never alone! That God is always near us no matter what. To quote my favourite British Football (soccer) Team, "You'll never walk alone" - LFC (Liverpool Football Club). There is some wisdom in this phrase! When applying that in a religious way, it's true! Jesus is walking in the very path before us leading the way. He wants us to look to Him and Follow Him. President Uctdorf continues with, "The Savior extends His hand to you. And, as He did to those fishermen who stood long ago on the banks of the Sea of Galilee, with infinite love He speaks to you: “Come, follow me.” If you will hear Him, He will speak to you this very day. When you walk the path of discipleship--when you move toward Heavenly Father--there is something within you that will confirm that you have heard the call of the Savior and set your heart toward the light. It will tell you that you are on the right path and that you are returning  home." When we turn to the Saviour, we receive complete joy and I know (especially with things that have happened this week) that when we choose the path of Jesus Christ, we receive peace, comfort, and happiness. "I testify that when we embark upon or continue the incredible journey that leads to God, our lives will be better...God will be with you. He will direct your steps. He will walk beside you and even carry you when your need is greatest. You will experience the sublime fruit of the Spirit: “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, [and] faith.” These spiritual fruits are not a product of temporal prosperity, success, or good fortune. They come from following the Savior, and they can be our faithful attendants even in the midst of the darkest storms". - President Uctdorf This inspired counsel has helped me so much this week! I know that this is true! And I can testify of it in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Also... in other news, we had tea with a member, and guess what they had? And GAVE ME!? GHIRARDELLI BROWNIE MIX!! :D so... that made me quite happy! ;) they also had some Tim Tams from Australia for my companion. What a wonderful treat for us both! Also, we spent many times with the Elders doing various things like tracting, street displays, and also, surprising one of the zone leaders for his birthday! We decorated his back garden and left him some sweets :) it was lots of fun! :)
Well, I hope you all have had a lovely week!

- Sister Wilkinson
England Manchester Mission ☔️

I HAVE A WELSH BADGE! :D ๐Ÿ˜ Also, a pic of some things I got at a Welsh store :)





CROESO I CYMRU- That means welcome to Wales in Welsh ;) Look! Books and Games in Welsh! This Welsh store was AMAZING!




My American Treasures
Look what I found here! #bestdayever

 The closest thing we have to Girl Scout Tagalong cookies

Just a new outfit I have :)


What we did for our Zone Leader (Elder Jensen)'s Birthday:




No comments:

Post a Comment