Monday, November 13, 2017

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

WHAT TIME IS IT...?

Nope, not Christmas yet... but good guess.

It's... TRANSFER TIME!!!

So, first thing: I have now finished EIGHT transfers! Only FIVE left to go. How crazy!

Second thing: I have been given a tender mercy this transfer! It's almost unbelievable- but this is for real!

So... I will actually be leaving Chester. And guess where I will be going? Ashton-under-Lyne 2nd ward. I've heard that it's an amazing ward with about 60-70 active members. And guess who one of those members is? My MTC President! :) So, now I will be serving in President Prestons ward! 

So that's amazing!!! BUT do you want to know the crazy thing? My companions. Yes, plural. I'm in a TRIO! 3 missionaries in Ashton! 

This will be such a new experience for me, but I feel it will be fun :) Want to know why? Guess who my companions will be? Firstly, there is Sister Stohrer from Germany! This will be my first companion to have English as their second language. She sounds like an amazing Sister, and I can't wait to hear all about Germany and the culture and getting to know her!

And last but not least, I can tell you all that this transfer just keeps getting better and better. Guess who my other companion will be? Sister Clawson! Yep! The one who follow up trained me almost a year ago! What a tender mercy! It will be so much fun to be her companion again! Also, what's even crazier is that she is finishing her mission at the end of the transfer, which means that I will be her last companion. We call this "killing a missionary" - so now I get to kill BOTH my trainers! That absolutely amazes me, I'm still in shock!

Anyways, so for those of you who want a quicker update for transfers:
Area - Ashton
Companion(s) - Sister Stohrer and Sister Clawson

Sister Turnbull will be staying in Chester, and her new companion will be Sister Arthur. I served in the same district as Sister Arthur while I was in Warrington. She is from London and is also Ghanaian. She is a lovely sister and will take good care of Chester ward.

Okay... so besides the exciting news of transfers, what else has happened this week? Well, we have been able to teach many people, and learn many lessons. We had three families we are working with come to church. We are also having a baptism on the 25th of November!  How exciting is that? :) 

Now, for a quick story before this email is over. So, we were able to go to a baptism the other night for a girl that Sister Turnbull met and taught her very first transfer. It was amazing to see how the seed that she has planted has now been growing in the gospel soil. 

The funny part of this story is that it was about an hour away by car, so we needed a lift. Luckily, a member was able to save the day and be our hero because he gave us a ride there and back. But this one hour drive quickly (or I guess I should say slowly) turned into a two hour drive as we took random roads given to us by the SatNav, and also by going 35mph on a 70mph motorway. Yeah... it was a long drive :P but, I guess we got to know the member really well, so it was alright :)

Well, that's about all I've got for y'all this week. Chester is doing amazing, and I'm now off to Ashton! :)

Hope you all have an amazing week!

Sister Wilkinson :)

This is sister Dunlavy and I singing a verse of The Lord is My Light :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment