Monday, November 27, 2017

And I cannot forget the way I feel right now 🎢

(Little wonders)

So, this week I'll start by telling you all a story and a miracle :) 

Firstly, I had my first baptism this week! It's great to see the fruits of your labours start to come up :) I can't wait for his family to progress and to eventually be sealed for all eternity. 

Secondly, We met this man named Simon at a bus stop and he seemed interested in our message.  We were able to set a return appointment with him, and we met with him again yesterday. He is very soft spoken and sometimes hard to understand, but we were able to talk to him about why we are here, and we also taught him the whole Restoration, and gave him a Book of Mormon. He seemed very willing to learn more and he enjoyed the first lesson. He is coming to our Family Home Evening tonight and we will set another appointment with him there. It's amazing to see someone's face light up at the gospel message. :)

Something else that happened this week is that I officially hit my year mark! It's now been a whole year since I left my family and came to England and found my other family :) There are so many people here that I am so grateful to have met. They are people that I have met before I came on the earth, and have now had a sweet reunion with. I am truly grateful for the experiences I have had so far on my mission! And I have 6 more months of lessons to learn! :)

And speaking of gratitude - it was also THANKSGIVING this week! I hope all you Americans enjoyed your turkey and potatoes! In the meantime, I was eating Deep Dish Pizza that a member gave us. It was pretty American though, so I guess it works ;) what was best about this Thanksgiving meal though is that the members I ate with were President and Sister Preston - who were also serving at the MTC a year ago when I had Thanksgiving there. So, now I've had TWO Thanksgiving meals with them :) so crazy! And what's even better is that Thanksgiving was on my year mark, so it gave me a perfect opportunity to reflect on what I have learned on my mission so far.

And because it was Thanksgiving week, I decided I should share some spiritual thoughts on gratitude. 

"We feel grateful for many things: a kindness from a stranger, a meal when we are hungry, a dry roof over our heads when storms arise, a broken bone that heals, and the hearty cry of a newborn baby. Many of us will remember feeling gratitude at such moments. " (Gratitude on the Sabbath Day - Henry B. Eyring - October 2016)

Also, the words of an amazing hymn that I hope you can all take to heart: 

"When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done. …
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by."

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Happy December! 

Oh - p.s. It SNOWED the other day! 😁 It made me really happy! :)

- Sister Wilkinson

My package arrived



It looks like I'm being blessed with Funyuns!
...funyuns make me happy!






It's Snowing and our street display








Brendan's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment