Monday, January 2, 2017

Did you see that sky today? Talk about Blue

The sky was actually blue on one of the mornings this week! So that was lovely! And also rare ;)
But... This week has been so good! Christmas and New Years were wonderful! It was strange to not be at home for the holidays, but skyping made it manageable. We went to a member's home and they made it feel like Christmas. It was so good! They took great care of us and the Elders. Our holidays were so much fun! We visited some more members, and we watched 17 Miracles, and Miracle on 34th Street. They were both good movies.
Although we had lots of holiday season this week, Sister Bundy and I were able to see a few less actives and members. We don't have many investegators, but we met with those few that we do have. It was nice to get to know the people in the ward so they could gain our trust and support us in our callings.
My testimony was strengthened this week in so many ways. During my personal studies in the Book of Mormon, there have been many scriptures that have pointed out the power of the Atonement. I have such a strong testimony of the Atonemant because I have seen how it has been able to truly change people. I know I'll be able to see it also change the hearts of those I teach. In the scriptures, it talks about how we will have a true change of heart and our focus will be turned to the Lord, and I can feel the Holy Ghost confirm that concept to me through the examples of others. I know that we are forgiven through the Atonement, and that Jesus Christ knows exactly how each of us feel and how heavy the burdens are that we bear.
I also had a neat experience a few nights ago. We were originally planning to attend a Book of Mormon class, but our investegator didn't show up that night. So instead, our back up plan was to call by a less active who is struggling because of how strict her parents are. When we got to the door, she said, "Sisters, you are just in time". After talking for a while, she explained her situation and said that she had finished saying a prayer not too long before we called by, and she asked for Heavenly Father to send help. Although we weren't able to do too much for her, I felt that we were an answer to her prayers.
Alright, I also have a funny story to tell. So, our heater in the chapel was broken, and so when it was turned on, it literally looked like the roof was on fire, even though we knew it wasn't. One of the members said he had been in the building that morning, and someone came banging on the windows telling him to get out because the building was on fire. He warned us of that when we were doing meetings and told us to be careful when using the heater. So... we went caroling that night and we were in the chapel after to have a few snacks and say a prayer. While we were saying the prayer, the fire brigade came and parked outside the chapel (also, they are also actually called the fire brigade here so that makes me smile). I can just imagine the thoughts going through their head as they passed a church that was on fire with members inside standing in a circle saying a prayer. They opened up the doors as we finished praying, and said, "I would suggest you leave now. The roof is on fire." I just thought it was so funny. We cleared it up with them, but we were quoting that for the rest of the week. It was great!
Also, I have decided to leave you 3 British terms with each email because their English her is just so different. So this weeks words/terms are:
1. "Call by" - To go to someone's house without a set appointment
2. "Pram" - Stroller, sometimes also called a "Push Cart"
3. "Parcel" - A package

Sister Wilkinson

** We still haven't received any new pictures.  She doesn't have a way to download them onto the computer shes got in this area.  I decided to add some photos that I took of her when she called us on Christmas Day!  It was so wonderful to see our smiling cheerful Katie.  She is so happy and doing very well. - Katie's mom **





No comments:

Post a Comment