Monday, May 8, 2017

Who is that girl I see?

....staring straight back at me? Well, it's only been 5 months, but I look and feel like a different person. This mission had really been a life  changing experience and guess what? I still have a year left! 😁

So, You want to know what happened this week? Well, a lot has happened! I'll start off with a little song to the tune of popcorn popping...

I looked at my companion, and what did I see?
A long legged spider crawling onto her knee!
This had brought me such a big surprise.
A long legged spider right before my eyes!
I could roll a paper and make him dream,
But instead, I decided to scream.
He fell onto the ground, then he turned to me.
We hit him with a shoe as hard as could be.

So... The spider was dead.... Then what happened? Second verse!

I headed to the shower, and what did I see?
A long legged spider was there waiting for me!
This had brought me a bigger surprise.
Another spider right before my eyes!
We could take another shoe to smash him,
But instead, we just made him swim.
We picked him up with gloves, and we flushed him away.
The long legged spider was defeated today.

I hope you all liked that song. You're welcome. So far, these are the only spiders we have found. But they were so big! Like a daddy long leg, but double the size. It had a small body, and skinny legs, but they were longer than a two pound coin. It was crazy... And gross. At least none of the spiders here are poisonous. 

Now onto the more interesting points:

I went to the temple this week! It was so nice! I felt so spiritually uplifted this week because of the temple, it always brings such a peaceful feeling. I really could feel the spirit so strong there. I was in the celestial room, and I randomly opened up the scriptures, and it just confirmed something in my heart that I have been thinking about for a while. I felt very happy that day because of it, and then we had a multi-zone, and I felt even better. It confirmed what I had felt in the temple even more. I really enjoyed the spirit that was there for both events. 

Also, I found out that many missionaries are going home early. There has been tons of change in our mission, and many of us are struggling with all the changes. We are getting a new misson president soon and I think it's been stressing a lot of the missionaries. But it's been making me feel stronger. I felt a sense of security these last few days. I'm actually really proud of myself for making it this far. I've been out for 5 months, I'm almost 1/3 of the way through my mission! In some ways that is exciting and in others its not. But since I've been here this long, England has become a part of me. I love it  here! And I will be here for another 13 months! How exciting! There will be so much change in my mission, but I'm excited for it!

I also LOVE Warrington! The members are so nice and always want to help us. It's also beautiful here. The other day, Sister Limb and I were walking with a member through a park, and it was huge and covered in trees and flowers. It looked like I had found the Hundred Acre Woods! It was seriously beautiful πŸ˜ŠπŸŒΏπŸŒ³πŸŒΈ I love all the parks here!

We also met with a girl named Sarah, and taught her the Restoration. Sister Limb met her at a Street display and gave her a Restoration pamphlet. She is very involved with her church, and she had called us earlier this week to tell us that she read the pamphlet, but made adjustments to it. So we were a bit nervous to meet with her because we thought she might bash. But we prayed for the spirit to guide the lesson. It was taught outside a coffee shop, (which by the way had AMAZING hot chocolate, and also removed us of the coffee shop in Friends) so the atmosphere wasn't the most ideal place, but the spirit was still able to take over the lesson. She asked many questions, and we were able to answer them the best we could. By the end of the lesson, you could tell that she was accepting of what we said. And she felt a desire to read the Book of Mormon. It was a wonderful lesson, and we are seeing her again on Thursday. She seems like she has a lot of potential. She likes our church because we still believe in miracles, and she also likes that we do everything in the name of Jesus Christ.

One more thing before I go... So... We took our investigator, Jack (a 16 year old boy who is great at accents and is just hilarious), to a mission fireside (where new converts tell their conversation story to our investigators and help them on their path to baptism). We rode with the Dunns (who are amazing members that do soon much for us) and we also took Delwar (an extremely funny man from Bangladesh who used to be a Muslim, but us now a member). So, Delwar and Jack were in the back of the car and they were CRAZY! They started jamming to some type of Indian dub step music, and Jack would say things like, "Alright, this goes out to all the elders out there, and let's not forget the sisters" and then Delwar would just Dance like crazy and scream random words, or scream his name. We were laughing the entire way home! I think we all had a good ab exercise that night πŸ˜‚

Well I hope you have all had a wonderful week! Thanks to all those that have sent me birthday wishes either through email or through the post. I always enjoy them! And I love getting letters, it makes me feel loved! :)

Quick reminders: if you want to send a package, send it to the mission home. If you are just sending a letter, it can be directly sent to my flat and I can get it sooner :) as well, feel free to email me photos and videos, I can see them :)

Love all of you!!!!

My current address is:

27 Edgremont Court
Wilderspool Causeway
Warrington CHES
WA4 6LB

Love, Sister Wilkinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment