Monday, May 29, 2017

Strange things are happening to me...

...ain't no doubt about it! (Toy Story)

Yeah.... So many things happened this week! I would like to illustrate with a little song I wrote (you're welcome) to Book of Mormon stories (I followed the lyrics pretty closely) -

All my mission stories that happened to me this week 
Are about a lot of things that started with a beak.
Long ago, on zone p-day, we watched a fun bird show,
And we went to a zoo - now you know.

Later on that same Monday, we heard about the bomb
And a lot of other things that were all sad and wrong.
Book of Mormon stories say that we must brothers be.
Giv'n the land if we live righteously.

Even though that day was hard, the other days were fun!
And we also got a big red sunburn from the sun!
Struck with a small thunderstorm, it then changed randomly.
But we taught in the land righteously.

Don't forget the Comic Con where I bought a nice ring.
We al-so meet the doctor, the gospel we did bring.
He did not denh it, but had curiousity.
One day he will accept righteously.

Now I am a missionary who knows transfer light.
I will be in Warrington for several days and nights.
But a change, Sis-ter Limb my companion will not be.
I have learned how to live righteously.

Yeah, so first off... Transfers happened! I'm still in Warrington. Sister Limb is going to Stockport. My new companion is Sister Taumalolo, a Tongan from Australia :) She sounds like lots of fun, I'm excited to get to know her. It will be sad to be away from Sister Limb, she has helped me so much. We will become lifelong friends :) 
And... about the bombing. Well, it's been so strange to see everyone in such shock. It really affected our area. But, it's been alright. We are helping people move on. They have increased security everywhere, we have seen police all around town now. The country is on high alert, but they are making sure we are safe. Even though these hard times come, the Lords hand is still in our life. The more I learned about the event, the more I can see that. The bomb went off at 10:35 at night - just 5 minutes after all the missionaries go to bed. That right there shows how much the Lord is protecting those he calls. There was also a member of our ward who didn't get tickets to that concert and at the time was mad and devastated. But now, she is counting her blessings that her and her daughter are safe. Keep Manchester in your prayers ❤️ they are all very close to us, and many people were affected. We are all doing good and are safe.
And yeah, the weather??? Well it was hotter than Utah. We have been in the 80s and with high humidity. I felt like I have been serving in a Florida. It was so crazy! English weather is so unpredictable! 
Okay, now onto Comic Con. yeah, we saw Dr. Who, and he was talking to us about how he had been in Utah, and he asked us a bit about the church, so... we will eventually convert him ;) Haha! It was actually tons of fun though! 
Well, that's about all for now.
My week of crazy stories :) 
Love you all!

Sister Wilkinson

Flowers that were sent a couple weeks ago by dad-




No comments:

Post a Comment