Monday, May 1, 2017

Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first (Peter Pan)

Guess what happened this week? We had a tea appointment EVERY DAY this week! Sometimes even two on accident. We saw so many members this week, which was great since I'm still new to the area. I was able to really focus on them and help them stay strong. They were all so welcoming to me. My birthday was last week, and everyone in the ward took the initiative to tell me Happy Birthday, and one of the members and his family literally threw me a birthday party. They had chicken strips, and pizza, and soda, and crisps, and cake with some candles, and they gave me really nice gifts at the end. I thought it was the nicest thing ever! I LOVE being in this ward. Especially since Sister Bundy served here. I feel like it's made me appreciate her even more and hearing all the stories of her and knowing how much Warrington loved her, really motivates me to become a better missionary.
I've been struggling a bit physically.  I had a bit of a meltdown after teaching a man at his door while tracting. For some reason, I just wasn't feeling the spirit, and because of that I wasn't good at teaching. Sister Limb turned to me and asked me what was wrong, and I just started to cry. While we walked home, she did so well at giving me comfort and council, and once we got inside, she shared so many spiritual things with me. I had taken my name badge off and while I was on my way to put it away, she gave me a big hug and told me she loved me, and then took my name badge and held it in front of me. She reminded me that Jesus Christ went through much worse, and that he was tested and tried even more than we are. I know that I am here as a representative of Him, and that He WILL help me - NO MATTER WHAT. He knows EXACTLY what I'm going through. He understands it perfectly because he came into the world according to the flesh that he could know how to succour his people. He loves every one of us so much that he was willing to die and to go through so much agony in order to save us. Although this week has been a bit rough for me phyically, I though that as I am willing to turn to Jesus Christ, and learn of his everlasting love, I will start to change into who He wants me to become.
I am grateful for everything that I have been able to learn so far on my mission, and I'm grateful for my wonderful companion, and the example she is to me. I'm grateful to be serving with her at this time in Warrington. I love my Saviour, Jesus Christ, and I know that as I focus on knowing him, that testimony will just keep growing stronger. I love the sweet peace that this gospel brings. And I say all of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Sister Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment