Monday, January 9, 2017

All you need is faith and trust (and pixie dust)

Hello family and friends!
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR! I LOVE YOU! :D
Now down to the goods... We had a meeting this week and there were some big announcements! The First Presidency is changing the mission schedule. We will know the specifics at the end of this month, but we have started applying some of the principles already. It is strange, but good. The new schedule really focusing on companionship unity. I think it will be really good :)
Also, the mission president went over some of the rules because many of us were breaking them without knowing. So, I found out a few new things... and the one that related to all of you is that I am not supposed to email back and forth with anyone. So, sorry you will now all have to wait a week for all my responses. I know that it may be a hard change, but I know that as I follow the council of my Mission President, I will be blessed.
The Vision Meeting gave me a stonger desire to obey with exactness, and also a stonger desire to trust in the Lord. Sister Bundy and I have now been praying to find one person that can be baptized by the end of the transfer (which would be the end of this month). On Sunday, I fasted to be able to find that person, and while we were at chuch, one of the members brought her friend. We were planning on taking her to a fireside that night called "Our Story Goes On". So, it was nice to get to know her while at church. The heating in the building wasn't working properly, so most of Sacrament meeting was very cold. And the Bishopric ended up cancelling all of the classes after because it was too cold. We didn't have any back-up plans for church, since that was a rare and strange experience. But because of that, we went into a classroom with a heater and were able to teach her the Restoration. She was accepting of everything and we were able to answer her questions. Later, when we went to the fireside, I could tell that she felt the Spirit while there and that something in that performance touched her heart. She was also admiring the beauty of the temple while we were there. When we were back in our flat, the member that brought her rang us and said that her friend told her that she "was meant to be there tonight" and that she could feel something very strong. I'm so excited for her and I hope that she will be our person to be baptised before this transfer ends!
Also while we were at the meeting, President gave us a powerful blessing over the pulpit. We could all feel the Spirit so strongly. On the way home, I was pondering all of the things that were said at the meeting and I was reading passages from the Book of Mormon that related. I then thought specifically about the blessing, and opened my book randomly and it landed in Doctrine and Covenants section 88 verses 75-78.
That was such a strong testimony to me because it was almost word for word what we had all been blessed with. I know that our Savior lives and that he is constantly watching over us. I know that He gives us so much strength and power as missionaries, and I have felt of His Spirit so often this week. Especially with the fireside and the Vision Meeting. I know that there is power in the scriptures and they have been given to us as a spiritual tool.
I feel like I have been almost fully adgusted to missionary life now, and although it gets hard at times, I know that the Lord gives us strength and loves our efforts. I know that no effort is wasted, and that the Lord will be pleased when we are dedicated. I have been holding onto this testimony. I know that as I am here on a mission that I will be given strength and power, and that there are miracles that await me.
Love you all! - Sister Wilkinson
Also... 3 British words for you:
1 - Posh: fancy
2 - Thick: stupid
3 - Trolley: shopping cart

A few pictures that were posted of her on facebook from the meeting she was talking about:

Image may contain: 6 people, indoor

Image may contain: 4 people, people sitting and indoor

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

No comments:

Post a Comment