Monday, January 23, 2017

When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming

Well, this week was a tough one, but I survived. Transfers happen next week and I will be getting a new companion! Which is a mix of emotions. It will be good though.
We have found a lot of success at the beginning of this week and it helped me see my potential and it helped me notice all of the unplanned opportunities the Lord puts in our way. We were tracting by the Bishop's house, and we called by a woman who my companion found in the past. She never let them in, but had a few questions. We hadn't called by for a while, and when we did, she let us in right away. That was a surprise to both of us. Her mother had just passed away, so we taught a bit of the Plan of Salvation, and also the Restoration. She accepted the Book of Mormon and the Spirit really led that lesson. We were able to give her comfort through passages of the Book of Mormon, and that really interested her to learn more. It was such a great experience for everyone. Later that day, we received a referral and contacted her, and were able to find three new investigators. That was huge for us because our numbers are very small here. It was a day full of success and it helped me be excited for the work. It was a really good and spiritual day.
I have also had wonderful studies each morning. I have been reading in second Nephi about how there will be people who say they already have a Bible, so there's no need for more. I have seen that countless times already. Not many people are accepting of the Book of Mormon. It's interesting to see how all of the prophesies made in the Book of Mormon are coming true. The second coming is right around the corner. 
Also, I have titled this email because this week was hard for me and I struggled a lot, but I know that when life gets you down, you have to keep swimming. There will come a time in my mission where I will never want to leave. I know that it will come, and I'm waiting for that day, but in the meantime, the best we can do is learn from the past, and keep moving forward. Wow, look at me and all my Disney quotes.
There's not too much to update on this week, just that I have now officially made it 2 months! 16 more to go. Love you all! Sorry this message was a quick one.
 - Sister Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment