Monday, January 16, 2017

Even miracles take a little time (Fairy Godmother - Cinderella)

Well, I will start with a bit of a testimony. I have been noticing that every person looks at us and they really do notice us. I think I may have wrote about this before, but it really is true. Sometimes we would ask people if they have ever seen missionaries before, and some of them would say that they had two young men knock on their door 5 years ago, or some would say, I saw two sisters buying their groceries, or some would even say that they saw them on the streets when they passed on the bus. Every one has their own personal conversion, and that really stuck to me this week. I know that miracles sometimes take so much time, and I may not see one person's miracle moment.
Also...We did SO MUCH tracting - We had 22.5 hours of finding this week! It was very cold this week as well, but we managed to survive. We found a few potentials, but no new investigators. We were also able to see a few members and many less actives. The area is doing well, but we are trying our best to get more to attend sacrament meeting. Last Sunday, one of the members brought her friend, Julie to church. So we have taught her a lot this week. While teaching the Plan of Salvation, both Sister Bundy and I promised her blessings in the name of Jesus Christ. It was very bold, and I felt a bit nervous to do it, but as I said it, I knew that those promises would be fulfilled if she kept the commitments we gave her. I was able to give my first real baptismal invite, and we extended the date of January 28th. She is actually doing well at keeping up to this date, and she seemed to be our perfect investigator. She had tea with us and another member, and we have shared all three lessons with her. She is really progressing well. But, we just found out that she actually doesn't live in our area, so we now need to tell her we can't continue to teach her.... which is so sad!! So, that will be a bit of a struggle. I'm hoping she can still stay strong and work towards her baptismal date, and I only wish we could still be there to help her towards it. I am hoping that she will be able to transition and that the missionaries in her area will be able to help her.
Also... exchanges happened this week! My first one! The missionary I was with was such a sweet person. I loved getting to know her during exchange. I learned so much from it! I think my favorite thing that happened during exchanges, and also the most spiritual thing, was when we were waiting to teach a less active. We were waiting outside her house for a member that was going to be fellow-shipping, but the member was late. So, while we were waiting, we talked a bit about the Plan of Salvation. It brought something to my memory of some experiences I had before my mission.While I shared them, both of us could feel the Spirit so strong. Because of this experience, I really can say that I know we knew each other before we were on this earth, and we did live with Heavenly Father. It felt so good to share this and we both felt the spirit bear witness to us the truth of the Plan of Salvation.
This week has been a bit crazy, but really good :)
Funny story: We talked to a man that was getting into his car and he said that he knew Mormons and that a Mormon lifestyle, "just wasn't for him", but everyone was friendly during the conversation. Then we walked off, and as he drove past us, he rolled down his window and said, "By the way, I like Donny Osmond". My companion and I thought it was so funny.
Also, three words for you today:
Biscut: cookie (there's no such thing as a cookie in England)
Torch: flashlight (if you say flashlight here, you will be made fun of)
Corgiette: zucchini (yeah... I was called out on this one. Nobody knows what a zucchini is)

Sister Wilkinson

She was able to send us some pictures this week.  She was able to make a trip into Liverpool last week.

Katie being Supergirl

A new Disney shirt she bought in England


Pictures from her visit to Liverpool









No comments:

Post a Comment