Monday, July 31, 2017

"I snatched you right out of the air"

(Emperor's New Groove) Okay, I used this title for one main reason - we were putting a note in a woman's postbox one day (they are just flaps in their door). So, we put it through their door, and the second we did, their dog jumped up and ate it out of my companion's hand! hahaha! It was sooo funny! and while that was happening, it was the end of the night and was raining HARD! So we ran home while laughing at singing primary songs really loudly. We've had a fun week ;)
Here are some more stories from this week:
1. We were having tea (dinner) at a member's home, and we were talking about Adam and Eve. Then, Sister Taumalolo said that her institute teacher taught her a good lesson. He said, "Adam and Eve were happy in the garden of Eden, but it was all part of God's plan for them to leave. They needed to have children, and in order to do that, they had to become mortal. They weren't mortal until they left the garden of Eden. Once they left, they became miserable and life became very difficult. They were also able to have children. So, this shows why having children makes you unhappy." We thought it would be this great analogy, but then it was just hilarious! So that was great!
2. An older woman (in her 80s) shared this poem/quote with us on Sunday.
"One night, I dreamt I died, I dreamt of a place of white.
There was a room filled with chairs - what a marvellous sight!
A man came towards me and asked where I was from.
I answered and said, "I'm from Warrington."
He was quite shocked, and gave me a good stare.
Then said, "Take a seat in the front, you're the first one from there!"
We thought it was pretty funny ;)
Also, I've now been out 8 months! Almost half way there! Woohoo!
And I don't really have too much time today to say much else, but I want to leave you all with something I learned this week.
I was studying in Preach my Gospel, and all it said was that the Atonement of Jesus Christ was central to Gods plan and that it included both his suffering in the garden of Gethsemane and also his death on the cross. But it then made me think about what the "Atonement" really means. And it's talking about how Christ suffered in order to save us. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed, we can be forgiven of our sins. Why is this? Because the Atonement means what he did for us. He knows exactly how we feel, and that is why he can forgive us and provide us with a clean slate. It reminded me of a scripture that is one of my favourites about the Atonement. It is Alma chapter 7 verses 11 and 12. It talks about how Christ took upon himself all of our pains, sicknesses, sorrows, temptations, and how he also took upon himself death. It then says, "according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities". He came into the world with a human body in order to feel exactly how we feel. He is the only one who can provide us with such mercy because He is the only one who knows how we feel. He is able to mourn with us, to rejoice with us, he is always there for us through the good and the bad. I always find it incredible to think about how much He cares for us. I think about those I love most and then it amazes me to think that he loves them more then we can even imagine. He has a perfect love for all of us, and that is why we can be healed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Well, I've had a wonderful week! Hope you are all well!
Love you!
Sister Wilkinson
England Manchester Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment