Monday, July 17, 2017

Just my luck

Alright, first off, my ipad is having technical difficulties due to user error... so I'll try to think of everything I can while typing on the computer... hope you enjoy! ;)

So, My week? Well, its been basically the longest week ever.... but its been good as well :)

Its the first week of the transfer, which means my District Leader, Elder Thelier went back home. Before he went home, we asked him to give us blessings. It was a wonderful blessing and I'll never forget it! He said one phrase that helped me get through the week, and I feel will help me through the rest of the mission. That phrase is "Because He lives, and I love Him". Everything we do on the mission should be done because we love Jesus Christ. 

I feel that I have grown closer to Jesus Christ this week as I have more fully recognize his presence in my life. As a missionary, I am constantly blessed with miracles and when I open my eyes to see them, I am always amazed at how many there are. We talk to so many people each and every day and help them in any way they need. In a country like England, this is such a good thing to do.

This week, my companion and I have been thinking a lot about families and how important they are in your life. We have ran into SO MANY broken families here that have ended up in pretty tough situations. We walked this drunk man to town and he was telling us his story of why he was as drunk as he was, and it all based around his family and how he was abandoned. There is also this married couple we talk to in town that have 4 children, but they are homeless and aren't allowed to see any of them. There have been some seriously sad stories this week, and we have emphasized our teaching around families.

I am so grateful that I have been raised the way I have, and I know it was that way because of the gospel. The times we have said family prayer, read scriptures, had bonding time, and just based our lives around the teachings and standards of the gospel, the more our family grew together. I know that when we put the Lord first in our lives, that everything else will fall into place. 

I have honestly learned so much this week, and I feel that it is a new start in my mission and my attitude towards it. I know there is still so much to learn in these 11 months to come!

Sorry for the short one this week, but I love you all!!!

Sister Wilkinson

We went to Toby Carvery
There is a great place here that's kind of like an all you can eat buffet, and we went there today. It was GREAT!

Us with our food :)

Us after our food... ;)

Yup.... I'm a fattie ;) 7 months in!

No comments:

Post a Comment